P&ID: Reading and Interpretation (US)
Training Course - USA
This 2-day course will provide participants with the principles of P&ID drawings which are used in process industries. This course is suitable for individuals dealing with P&ID’s in all Process industries including Chemical, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Water & wastewater, and Food processing industries.
A road map of P&ID during the lifetime of a design project is studied. Symbols, tagging, and basic explanations of popular items in P&ID drawings are among the topics covered and, for broader understanding, the different arrangements of each item is presented. Additionally given are some rules of thumb.
This course will cover piping, valves and control valves, tank and vessels, pumps, heat exchangers and control systems, including BPSC, SIS, and Alarm.
Each individual concept is reinforced using P&ID schematics specific to the topic.
Real life P&ID’s, Acronym lists, Exercises (for class activity)
A complete set of course materials and lunch is included in this course.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for:
- Process Engineers
- Automation Engineers
- Instrumentation Engineers and Technologists
- Mechanical Engineers
- Operation and Maintenance Personnel
- Piping Designers
- CADD Drafters
- HAZOP Facilitators
- Project Engineers.
- P&ID: Its Role, Content, and Milestones
- P&ID Anatomy & General Rules
- Provision for Ease of Maintenance
- Pipes & Fittings: Symbols, Tagging, and Arrangements
- Valves: Symbols, Tagging, and Arrangements
- Control Valves: Symbols, Tagging, and Arrangements
- Containers: Symbols, Tagging, and Arrangements
- Fluid Transferring: Symbols, Tagging, and Arrangements
1. Liquid Movers: Centrifugal pumps, Positive Displacement Pumps
2. Gas Movers (briefly)
- Heat Exchangers: Symbols, Tagging, and Arrangements
- Pressure/Vacuum Relief Devices: Symbols, Tagging, and Arrangements
- Dealing with Ambient:
1. Heat Conservation
- Operator Safety
1. Insulation for personal protection
1. Different Utilities and Their Applications
2. Utility Networks
- Instrumentation & Control:
1. BPCS (Basic Process & Control System)
2. Alarm System
3. SIS (Safety Interlock System)
Instructor Mohammad Toghraei MSc. P.Eng.
Mohammad Toghraei has over 19 years experience in the field of Process engineering and industrial water treatment. His main expertise is in the treatment of wastewater from oil and petrochemical complexes. For the past eight years he has taken on different technical roles in water treatment areas of SAGD projects. He is now working as an independent consultant.
Mohammad also has a passion for helping new Engineers and new immigrants with their career development and to obtain their APEGA licenses by explaining the main topics of Ethics and Law, and how these issues affect the Engineering, Geology and Geophysics professions.
Mohammad has received a BSc. degree in Chemical engineering and an MSc. in Environmental Engineering from the University of Tehran, and is a member of APEGGA.
After immigrating from his native Iran in 2003, Mohammad now lives in Calgary with his beautiful wife and daughter.
Read More about Mohammad Toghraei MSc. P.Eng.
There is currently no upcoming sessions available for this course. Please check back later!