Professional Courses and Seminars to Help You Succeed!
Introduction to the Enhanced Production Audit Program (EPAP)
5% GST will be added to course fees upon registration.
Register for the next session:
This half day course will focus on the EPAP regulatory requirements of owners/operators of Oil and Gas Facilities in Alberta.
It will cover Directive 076: Operator Declaration Regarding Measurement and Reporting Requirements (EPAP) in relation to:
- Directive 007: Volumetric and Infrastructure Requirements and
- Directive 017: Measurement Requirements for Oil and Gas Operations.
A complete set of reference materials is included in this course.
- The importance of measurement schematics and their use in EPAP relating to Directive 17 and 7.
- How EPAP can help improve the business processes and controls of oil and gas operations.
- How to understand the non-compliance events and the related control themes.
Who Should Attend
Upstream Oil and Gas companies that own/operate Facilities in Alberta:
- Declaration Signing Executives
- VP of Operations
- VP Engineering
- Manager of Operations
- Superintendents of Operations
- Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Production Accountants
What You Will Learn
- Overview of EPAP
- Approach to fulfill the EPAP requirements: Visser’s 10 phase approach.
- Facility review: Analysis of DDS facility listing of Facility Sub-type.
- Selection of Facilities for evaluation.
- Understand the importance and the role of measurement schematics in EPAP.
- Define the regulations and background behind Directive 76 (EPAP)
- Understand how Directive 17 and Directive 7 relate to Directive 76.
- Discuss the EPAP requirements:
- Business Processes relating to the EPAP themes
- Controls relating to the EPAP themes.
- Evaluation of controls
- Validation of control
- The importance of reviewing the CAI (Compliance Assessment Indicators)
- Responsibilities of the stakeholders of EPAP
- Review of the Non-compliance events
- Declaration sign-off by the signing executive.
- Regulations: Understand EPAP (Directive 76) relates to Directive 17 (Measurement) and Directive 7 (Reporting).
- Responsibilities of the stakeholders, i.e. Operations, Production Accounting and signing executive.
- Know what is needed to be in compliance to EPAP.
Instructor Kenneth Fung, MBA, CMA, PMP, ISP
Kenneth Fung is an M.B.A. from Nova Southeastern University, Florida. He is also a Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Project Management Professional (PMP) and an Information Systems Professional (ISP).
He has over 15 years in Gas Cost Allowance, and Waste Reporting as well as Financial, Production, Revenue and Royalty Accounting in the oil and gas industry.
He has good knowledge and experience in Directive 7 (Volumetric reporting), Directive 17 (Measurement) and Directive 76 (EPAP) from the ERCB perspective.
Ken has worked and consulted in the Oil and Gas Industry, a Production Accounting system company, a regulatory agency and a registry on Project Management, Business Analysis, Gas Cost Allowance, Waste Reporting, Financial, Production, Revenue and Royalty Accounting.
Ken is currently a Senior Adviser/Project Manager at Visser Consulting Ltd.
In addition he teaches Project Management at Mount Royal University, SAIT, The University of Calgary and The University of Phoenix.
Ken is CAPPA Certified. He was also a member of the CAPPA Education Committee. Read More about Kenneth Fung, MBA, CMA, PMP, ISP
"Very good course!"
- Production Analyst
"Very informative. Thank you! Great course!"
- Sr. Facilities Tech
"Instructor is very enthusiastic. "
- Production EIT
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Copyright © , Progress Seminars Inc.